Saturday, August 27, 2016

AUGUST Update

Again ..... sorry for slacking and going so long between posts .... things have been and always will be crazy!

Let's see ....

My beautiful red princess Lucinda died a few weeks back. Actually it was a few months back, Jume 14. I am still not sure what happened, except that maybe it was due to a temperature change and she could not handle it.

All the eggs that I purchased hatched. I sold Kenzie II that I got with the eggs soon after, and a friend in the building bought Casey (hatched from those eggs). I am glad that I bought the eggs since it has been way too hot for Cosmo to give me many fertile eggs at all. Maybe next season will be better for her.

I did my first expo as a vendor August 14 .... didn't sell anything but did some great networking. They are doing another in October, so I will see of that goes any better. Peterborough is a big snake community it seems, so I am not sure on the long term plan for that expo. They will be doing 2 a year so ....

I lost Ghost on August 20 .... and not sure why there either. His health was great up until just after December just past. I got him from an expo in 2013 and had no issues. But since Dec weight check, he had dropped 10gr up to his passing.

I am now scared to do anything that may risk things. It makes me second guess this whole plan or idea ....

I plan to work through all the tanks (babies too) and do an in-depth cleaning .... new dirt and clean all the decorations too. Gomez will be rotated into Morticia's old tank, and Twink will go into Gomez's old one, and Angel will go into the one slightly bigger that Twink has been using.

I now have a chance to make this gecko biz a reality. With ODSP (disabilty gov income) they have self-employment support, which I am now hooked up with. I made a great connection with a sponser, so they will help make this a viable business. It will give me the chance to move ahead with things, like get the females I need for the dark breeding project.

Sadly I have yet to sell any of the 3 adults I have listed as available, nor any more of the babies. It is ok so far, but I had planned and hoped to rehome them. I will try to get the website updated with more progression type pics of them all to see if that helps.

Anyways .... time to post this ... and get some sleep. I will try to do better at posting ....

Luv from the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment